- This event has passed.
Shinrin-yoku with Dogs
May 25 @ 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm$5
An opportunity for you and your dog to enjoy the tranquility and well-being of Shinrin-yoku (translation: ‘Forest Bathing’), a Japanese mindfulness practice that invites nature to be your healer:
- Learn through guided awareness exercises
- Discover how the process can awaken your senses and calm your mind
- Learn how green exercise benefits you and your dog
- Leave feeling refreshed and encouraged to try Shinrin-Yoku again!
- Sessions of Shinrin-yoku with Your Dog at the Arboretum will take place at the Arboretum’s Dog Commons.
- Reminder: Service dogs are always welcome at the Arboretum, but all other dogs are not allowed in buildings or grounds other than the Dog Commons.
- Dogs must remain on-leash at all times while at the Dog Commons and during this experience.
- The Arboretum is a public place; solitude from other visitors is not expected nor guaranteed.
- Shinrin-yoku walks celebrate all aspects of nature and will run rain or shine unless the conditions are deemed too dangerous by the Arboretum.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Be prepared for possible sunburn, insect bites, or allergy conditions. Where appropriate please bring necessary repellents, protection, and medications.
- There is a satellite bathroom and water available at the Dog Commons.
- This experience is open by invitation only to Arboretum members who have a Dog-Added Membership.
- Dogs who are attending should be comfortable being on leash and in an environment where other leashed-dogs are present. Reactive or aggressive dogs should not attend this experience. You are welcome to attend without your dog if your dog is not the right fit for this group experience.
- Ticket purchase includes one person + one dog.
- If you wish to bring multiple dogs each dog must have their own person, and that person must have their own ticket for this experience.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times, leashes must be 6’ or shorter in length.
- Prong, pinch, choke, electric, stim or spike collars and retractable leashes are not permitted in the Dog Commons
- This experience is offered at a special first-year inaugural price. We will be requesting feedback on your experience in order to shape future sessions.